Re: OT: Delay's to yahoo.com

  • From: Irwan Hadi <ihblist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:28:16 -0700

I don't think contacting anybody at Yahoo will help. The best way I
think is to use another mailserver in front of Exchange that is more
efficient in sending the emails to yahoo.com
One of possibility is to use Postfix. Postfix supports SMTP Connection
Cache http://www.postfix.org/CONNECTION_CACHE_README.html which will
allow it to send multiple email messages to the same destination using
one SMTP session.

So, if your email server needs to send two different emails to
a@xxxxxxxxx, and b@xxxxxxxxx (eg: A's loan is accepted, while B's load
is denied), then with SMTP Connection Cache, Postfix will just open a
connection, and send email to A and B together within the same
connection.

This is different with IIS SMTP server in the sense, it only able to
group emails within a connection if the emails are generated at the
same time (thus having the same message id), eg: at your outlook, you
type at the To: a@xxxxxxxxx, b@xxxxxxxxx, c@xxxxxxxxx (kind of emails
from mailing list server).

Of course the drawback is just Postfix only run on a *nix based box.