NDRs and Bad Mail

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <ELanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:37:16 -0800

I am running Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000.  My clients are
running Outlook XP with a few 2003 clients.

We were getting TONS of NDRs which were filling up the queues and
bogging down the server.  The NDRs were replies to SPAM messages to
non-existant users, etc.  It was decided to turn the NDRs off to help
reduce the number of queues and the load on the Exchange server.  We are
still getting tons of emails to the Bad Mail folder...which keeps
filling up.  Is there a setting that we can enable that will prevent
emails from going to the Bad Mail folder?  I know we could script
something that will autodelete everything in the folder, but it's nice
to manually do it so we know what's going on with it.  Any suggestions
on this?

TIA,

Eric

Eric Lanyon, MCSE