RE: Migration from UNIX Sendmail to Exchange 2003

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:06:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> Isnt that funny that you wanna do that when most people are migrating the
> other way (LINUX)?? I suppose servers are a matter of personal preference.

It's very straightforward, because in general (unless your system is
non-standard) Linux systems support POP3, SMTP and maybe IMAP.  So your
Exchange server will need to just support these protocols to be
"compatible".

Depending on your linux system software, you may or may not have to change
login ID's and passwords.

Can you provide any details on your Linux system (sendmail, qmail,
squirrel, etc.?).

best regards
Mike