RE: Making an already installed Exchange a domain controller.

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:22:29 -0500

No, you should not do that.  It is not supported by Microsoft and there are
known side-effects.  In addition, running Exchange on domain controller,
even when set up properly, can have unwanted side-effects and should be
avoided when possible.

For more information:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=promote+exchange+2003+domain+contr
oller> &lr=&q=promote+exchange+2003+domain+controller
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=exchange+2003+domain+controller>
&lr=&q=exchange+2003+domain+controller

  _____