RE: Low Disk Space in Exchange 2000 Server

  • From: "Sarbjit Singh Gill" <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:49:23 +0800

1. Move public folders to another dedicated server.
2. Start some serious clean-up of mailboxes. You would be surprised how many
of the users have the folders like "Deleted" or "Sent" loaded with messages.
Purge more regularly and more aggressively,  deleted items.
3. Run the mailbox management manager regularly.
4. I am not sure how you feel about this one, but get users to move the
mails to their personal folders on their PCs, laptops. Also configure for
new mails to be delivered to their personal folders on their PCs rather then
the exchange mailbox.

Cheers
Gill