Looking for resources, information to automate new users

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Exchangelist server' <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:36:54 -0600

This kind of crosses into the AD realm, but we're preparing to migrate from
Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, but before we do so the VP of IS is wanting
to know about the feasibility of automating the process of entering new
users.  Not just the point of having a single point to enter new users into
the Windows/Exchange environment, but this would encompass Oracle, SQL, etc
as well.  He is also interested in creating our own "home grown"
applications to monitor performance, statistics, and do reporting.  Can
anyone recommend some good reference material that explores the Exchange
2003 database and inner workings in depth?  I've found a couple of good
books on Exchange administration, but they don't go into the development
level.

Paul Maglinger, A+, CA, CCA, CET, MCSE
Systems Administrator Shoe Carnival Inc. (812)867-4674 pmaglinger@xxxxxxxx