Re: Incoming mail fast....Outgoing Slowwwwwwwww

  • From: Shannon Coleman <shannon94@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 06:35:11 -0700 (PDT)

You outgoing mail queue is probably clogged, we had this problem too. It turned
out that exchange server was getting a "TON" of spam email for employees that
no longer worked for the company. When the server would get these emails, it
would try to respond back to the spammer, telling them that the persons email
account is not vaild. Of course spammers never have a vaild return email
address, so our outgoing email queue would get clogged up. What I did was
create an account, and added email aliases to that account for each
ex-employee, That way the exchange server would just accept the spam, and not
respond back.

Scott Clarke <scott.clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi all,

Incoming mail is processed by our Exchange 2000 server fairly fast.
However, it can take up to 10 minutes to send an email to an outside
recipient...any ideas?