RE: How to prevent users from attempting to se nd massive attachments

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:51:56 -0400

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:36:05 -0400 , Mulnick, Al <al.mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think what he is looking for is a clue-by-four or a CRT (Client
> Re-Adjustment Tool). Since the message restriction isn't enforced until the
> server gets it, it's really left to the behavioral techniques employed to
> prevent this.  The server restriction is going to help reinforce proper
> behavior however; it just won't help with bandwidth.

Exactly; I don't want the server processing a 60MB attachment for
example, that is too far. This might be an Outlook programming (custom
CDO?) issues, when I think about it now.

Unless anyone has any other ideas on how to prevent a user (beyond
verbal and written notice) from attemping to send large attachments,
then I might post this question to the MS Outlook newsgroups.

Thank you,

- Dan