RE: How to add Default message to outgoing messages ????

  • From: "Hemmings, Rob" <Rob.Hemmings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:03:44 +0100

Hi Rao,

If you are referring to Disclaimers/Footers, I don't think there is an
easy way to get E2K to add these without using a 3rd party SMTP gateway
(MIMESweeper / SurfControl) or Enhancement/Add-ins (Policy Patrol /
Exclaimer) etc....

I remember in Exchange 5.5 there was a tweak and a .DLL that you could
do to add a basic disclaimer which you had to 'code' in raw RTF
format.... I can't find anything similar for E2K, but this link
(http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features/eventmodel.asp)
mentions an "Event Model" which can be used for this sort of thing.

I use "SurfControl Email Filter for SMTP" which has a rule to add my
corporate disclaimer, but Exclaimer (http://www.exclaimer.co.uk/) looks
quite interesting.... And not too expensive.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rob Hemmings

Bexley Mail Administrator / Postmaster