Help me!

  • From: "Dennis RIce" <drice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:49:59 -0700

Okay all you gurus, let me have it for being dumb, but help me out!

I attempted an in-place upgrade to SBS 2000 on an SBS 4.5 server, which
blew up in the middle (said it was out of disk space, but had over 4gb
more than required).  At any rate, my decision was to go on and do a fresh
install of SBS 2000.  I have the system running well now, but don't know
how to get my Exchange 5.5 mail into the Exchange 2k system.

What are my options?  Do I have to install a 5.5 Exchange server and do a
migration or is there a utility that will read the MBDATA files?  Will it
do replies correctly after importing messages into 2k system?  x.400
addresses are different aren't they?

I also am having trouble getting Internet mail to go OUT of the server.
It is comig in just fine, but will not go out -- it just sits in the
queue.

Need input!!!

Signed.....,

Tired from all the late nights getting nowhere.....