RE: Exchange 5.5: Upgrade to Windows 2000

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:50:28 -0400

John

Upgrading is not that difficult but there are a couple of things that you
will need to take care of first, a) if your Windows 2000 server is also
going to be a DC, then you need to make sure you have changed the LDAP port
that the Exchange 5.5 Directory Service uses to something other than 389, if
you don't the Exchange 5.5 DS will conflict with your Windows 2000 DC, b)
you will need to install and configure the Active Directory Connector to
ensure that the info in the Exchange 5.5 DS is syn'd with AD, here is a link
that explains all the step you will need to take:
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/deployment/55/Upgrade2000.asp

Hope this helps

Mark Fugatt
MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP