Exchange 2003 owa works on some servers and not on the other

  • From: "Colin McDerment" <Colin.McDerment@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 14:41:56 -0000

We have an exchange 2003 front end server and 3 back end 2003 servers,
all are running windows SP1 and exchange SP1.  All are Windows 2003
Standard Editions except the newest back end which has been built with
Enterprise edition.

Currently we can log onto our mailboxes via OWA on the standard edition
but the enterprise one just doesn't generate the page correctly.  We can
log into the enterprise one directly (not via front end) and get access
to the mailbox with no problem but when accessing the same mailbox via
the front end server it doesn't work (the page attempts to display but
is very 'old' looking as if you were using something like netscape4) and
just says loading.
We thought this implied that there was an issue on our firewall not
allowing everything through properly but our firewall people tell us
that the enterprise server is in all the same groups as the standard one
so the allowed traffic should be the same for each server.

Obviously the fact that this is an enterprise version is the major
difference but I haven't been able to find anything that says that this
type of configuration shouldn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it might not be working?

TIA

Colin McDerment

Internet communications are not secure and therefore EPSRC does not accept
legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of the EPSRC unless specifically stated.
All EPSRC staff can be contacted using Email addresses with the following
format: firstname.lastname@xxxxxxxxxxx