[ExchangeList] Exchange 2003 deleted addresses reappearing

  • From: "Charlie Kaiser" <charliek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:32:15 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hi guys. I'm looking at
an inherited AD/Exch org. 3 DCs at different
locations, one E2K3 server.
Problem: Exchange server was rebooted and old email addresses returned to
some users. For example, jim2@ domain.com came back attached to
jim@xxxxxxxxxx although it had been deleted several months ago. This has
happened more than once.

There were some DC issues that prefaced the E2K3 reboot. The main DC went
down for a bit, and the client has found that if that happens, they "need to
reboot the E2K3 server once the DC is running again".

We took a look at AD replication yesterday and the guy made some changes.
It's replicating OK now, and although there have been a few errors when DCs
have gone down (the usual DC missing type stuff), the replication has been
functional for the past several months.

I'm trying to figure out where those deleted email addresses might have been
stored, or are still stored. ADFind isn't finding them, so I'm not clear on
where they might be stashed waiting to repopulate at an inopportune time.
:-)

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: