Exchange 2003 Strange Problem

  • From: "Naboth Semwayo" <NabothS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:18:54 +0200

Hi

We have just moved to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. I have  problem whereby
sometimes from random users email sent to local recipients bounces back with a
message:

Joe Bloggs on 1/19/2005 6:09 PM
        The message could not be delivered because the recipient's destination
email system is known or invalid. Please check the address and try again, or
contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the email System of
the recipient.
        <servername.company.co.zw #5.1.2>

Users will immediately retry and the message will be delivered. This happens
randomly and the users are getting irrate. I have 3 domain controllers ofwhich
the Exchange server is one of them and is the Global Catalog Server. All other
email flow seems to be fine.

HELP.

Naboth