Exchange 2000 can send but not receive.

  • From: "bdT" <bdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 20:20:29 -0600

The Exchange log shows a message trying to be delivered several times in a row,
after that the server hasn't received a single message.   Server is SP'd and
patched, no error in the event logs.  I can send and receive a message from
within the LAN, but not getting external mail.   Inetinfo.exe is not %100;
actually the server is nearly idle.  Installed Brightmail yesterday and the
server was working fine until an hour ago so it was running about 23 hours
without issue.   I uninstalled Brightmail anyway. I can telnet to port 25,
shows ready.  DnsStuff shows my MX record is good (mail.bdtechnology.org.
Firewall shows forwarding to the correct IP and on port 25.   SMTP queues show
green with nothing waiting.  I've increased logging to the max and there's not
a single error or warning.   My MX record responds although slowly
mail.bdtechnology.org.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards.