RE: Exch 2K on W2k, E-mail problem

  • From: "Oluwaseyi Owoeye" <OOwoeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:52:24 +0100

Hi Rotimi,

What queues are getting filled up? Presubmission queues, local delivery
or external domains etc, this will enable us troubleshoot better.

In the experience I have what might cause this are

1. space constraints on the drive that nosts the queues
2. if the presubmission queues are getting filled up it might be due to
a third party application application that works with exchange try
restarting the service

A reboot should solve the problem if it is caused by an application but
note that mails don't come in immediately because the backlog needs to
be cleared first

Hope this helps