E2K3 and /3GB switch

  • From: "ikm7176" <ikm7176@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 04:36:10 -0600

I have a exchange 2003 server running on windows 2003 enterprise edition
currently having 512MB of RAM. i am want to add 1GB of RAM to the machine.
it will be having 1.5GB of RAM in total. we will add more RAM later.

Do i need to add the /3GB switch to the boot.ini file for better
performance or should i let exchange 2003 manage the memory tuning
process, as the total memory size is more than 1GB.

i need a explanation on /3GB switch and how to tune the memory on exchange
2003 server with 1.5GB of RAM.

Any help will be appreciated.
 Thanks..