Downloading Exchange GAL

  • From: "Brett Stockley" <brett.stockley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 18:15:37 -0600

Hello. Some help with this would be great if anyone has an answer. I'm no
exchange expert so bear with me pls.
We are currently looking to upgrade to Win2003 Active Dir from NT. The
plan is to build a clean network not to upgrade the existing domain (we
have our reasons).

Problem 1
We will need to break away from the USA and create a *.com.au domain.
However how do we continue to download the USA Exchange GAL, this GAL
contains all contacts worldwide so we would like to continue downloading
it to the Austrealian office and being able to use addresses from it (it
also needs to update occasionally).

Problem 2
If we separate from the USA network and create a *.com.au domain name, how
will that affect our current email, and how to do we continue to create
accounts with only *.com addresses??

Any information anyone can give would be great.
Cheers
Brett