Contact Question

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:14:58 -0500

I have a situation where I would like to have two different contacts send to
the same external email address. This is a legacy issue but I was still
interested in making it work.

So what I am after is:

ContactA --> externaluser@xxxxxxxxxxx

ContactB --> externaluser@xxxxxxxxxxx

If you set this up and attempt to send to either ContactA or ContactB you
receive an NDR indicating that two recipients have the same address. My real
question is that so long as that recipient is external to exchange why is
this a problem and is there a way around it?

I understand that this can't work for exchange recipients but for external
ones I not sure why it should be a problem.