RE: Clusters

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:01:20 -0500

The failover happens automatically from the active node to the passive
node in case of failure. You cannot leave the log files in a local hard
disk. The log files and DB should be in the clustered storage group. The
passive node when taking over the resources will need access to the log
files as well. Do a search on Exchange cluster in Knowledge base, you
will find some very good white papers on planning and installation.

Regards,

Raj