Cisco Call Manager / Unity / Blackberry and Active Directory 2003

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ActiveDir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:23:58 -0700

Greetings,

During an Exchange 2003 migration at a startup I was previously working for , I
had an issue with several accounts that were on a Exchange 5.5 server that had
multiple mailboxes associated with the same user account. To prepare for
Exchange 2003, I created new user accounts ( user1, user 2, etc ) and
associated the accounts with the mailboxes that had the same user account
mapped to it, so that they would have a one to one mapping.

I installed the AD connector for Exchange 2003, when I went through the AD list
after replication occurred it renamed several of the accounts. I corrected the
names, and ran AD synchronization.

I then exported all the mail in the mailboxes that I created the one to one
mappings for into PST files and delete the five mailboxes that were no longer
needed. Several minutes after replication occurred the accounts that were
associate with multiple mailboxes also were deleted.

Can anyone explain why this could have occurred? Could this have been related
to SID history issue?
Could this be related to the Cisco Unity Connector or the Blackberry Enterprise
server connector adding additional hooks into the mailboxes? Has any one else
experienced this?

Sincerely,

Jose Medeiros
Former Vice President and Postmaster NTEA
MCP+I, MCSE, NT4 MCT
www.ntea.net
www.tvnug.org
www.sfntug.org