Cant upgrade Standard 5.5 to Enterprise 5.5 - ?

  • From: "Beahm, Keith" <kbeahm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:50:14 -0500

We have purchased the Enterprise license for Exchange 5.5, but I cant figure
out how to upgrade from the standard 5.5 version.  It appears as though we
have been using the Enterprise media with a standard activation key code all
along (the CD we've been using is identical to the new "Enterprise" CD).  I
tried rerunning the installation but it never asked me for a key code at all
and when the IS service starts I still get event id 1216 for standard
version.  I called our select licensing representative and he is clueless.

Keith Beahm, Network Engineer
Stinson Morrison Hecker, LLP
kbeahm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
816.691.3374 Desk