Re: Cannot connect Outlook to Exchange through VPN

  • From: Sarbjit Singh Gill <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:09:43 +0800

Add name/ip address of exchange server in the hosts file on
the pc running outlook..

I had a similar issue. A user who was overseas on a trip,
VPN-ed into the network via a ISA (ISA in not a member of
the  internal domain). Once in the internal network, the
user could get access to servers via IP address but not
names. He modified the hosts file, switch-ed OUTLOOK 2003
into NTLM and he could have access to exchange server.

I don't know what the problem is but would look at it once i
get back to the office. At least remotely, the users outlook
is talking to the Exchange.

I believe it has got to do with the DNS. I am not sure, just