[ExchangeList] Auto-Reply using the sender subject line

  • From: "Dosoftei, Sorin" <sdosoftei@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:06:53 -0400

I am having issues finding a way to set up an auto-reply mechanism for a

We have an Exchange 2003 SP2/ Outlook 2003 environment.

One mailbox needs to generate an auto-reply e-mail every time it
receives a message.

We set up a rule in Outlook that auto-replies with a certain subject
line and a certain body message. It worked excellent - life was good!

But now, as opposed to a fixed subject line, we have to use the sender's
subject line.

Is there a variable that defines the sender's subject line, which I can
add in the template e-mail that the rule uses? Something like -

If there isn't an easy way to do that, what other ways do you recommend?

- scripting?

- Third party Outlook add-ons?