RE: Attachment auditing

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:35:31 -0400

Mike, usually something like GFI is used for such a thing.  Anti-Virus
vendors often have similar items as well.  What you're looking for is
something that scan attachments for content and look for keywords.

Keep in mind that it's not a best practice to put Exchange FE servers in the
DMZ and that people who want to send confidential information out via email
are often smart enough to encrypt it, use an alternate email system or use a
USB device to off-load the confidential data.  Assuming they intend to do it
of course :)

Al

  _____