RE: ADC Server removed from domain.......

  • From: "KEN MORRIS" <KMORRIS@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:24:03 -0400

Hello,
Never mind, I found the answer to it in some of my documentation.
Thanks anyhow.
Ken

Over the weekend our PDC was demoted and removed (Physically as well and
rebuilt) from the domain. I transferred over (what I thought was..) all of
the rolls to keep the system going smooth, to another DC before the demotion.
However, when I was taking a look at AD just now I realized that the ADC was
still set up on the now deceased PCD. As the domain is running in W2K native
mode, with DNS and AD functioning well on the other DC. I currently have two
machines as DC's. The Exchange is E2K.

The original PDC was put in when we were running Exchange 5.5 and therefore
the reason that for the ADC.

My question to anyone who can help is :
Is it safe to remove the old PDC server container from AD as it still has the
ADC container showing up in the sites and services for the old PDC.

Any help is gratefully accepted!

Thank you
Ken