[evac-board] Re: Dave Coshow

  • From: "Gordon Rosner" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "gordonrosner@yahoo" for DMARC)
  • To: "evac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <evac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 09:57:08 -0700

Good plan.

- Gordon

On Aug 18, 2015, at 8:36 AM, Claude Haynes <azstargeazer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I will try to keep it "low key", but I am going to mention that we will be
collecting money in my email to EVAC Announce. I think people should be able
to think about it, and bring cash with them to the meeting.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 6:52 PM, Kenneth Sumiec <kensumiec@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree with Wayne, keep it low key.

Ken Sumiec

On Aug 17, 2015, at 6:45 PM, Wayne Thomas <tomwaymas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am in favor so long as it is low key. For an example, if a "hat" were
near the meeting room door, and a short announcement were made at the
meeting.

Wayne

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Claude Haynes <azstargeazer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I have set Dave Coshow's Board and Announce email to Vacation, so he won't
see this.

As you know, Dave was in a serious accident a few weeks ago. He is doing
better. All the broken bones have now been set. He has a skin graft
operation set for Thursday. Hopefully that is the last surgical
procedures. To say the least this has been a pretty traumatic and
expensive event. Dave is retired, and this kind of hit wasn't in the
budget. I am not requesting that EVAC itself make a donation, but I am
suggesting that we "pass the hat" at the next meeting. Individuals can
donate as they wish. I can tell you it will make a big difference to
bridge the initial expenses not covered by insurance. (most of us have
Medicare, and the out of pocket expenses do mount up). Dave Douglass was
a passenger in the car, and does not have the same expenses or long term
issues that Dave Coshow does I am suggesting the money is for Dave Coshow.

Thanks - I would appreciate emails in response to this to confirm this is
a proper thing to do, or to express any concerns.

Dave Coshow is in the Mission Palms of Mesa Health and Rehabilitation
center at 6458 E Broadway Rd (Power and Broadway) in Room 207
His cell is 480-244-8997
Since his wife has a muscular disease and is not mobile, his family is
taking care of her. That means that Dave doesn't have a lot of visitors,
and might appreciate a cheer up.

--
Claude Haynes
azstargeazer@xxxxxxxxx