[etni] x-ing out email addresses

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:54:45 +0200

Hi All,

In order to best serve the interests of the ETNI community, we have made a
policy decision to x-out all of the email addresses that appear on the Who's
Who on ETNI directory.

It is a shame that the recent spamming phenomenon on the net is forcing more
and more people to feel that they have to hide behind virtual closed doors.
It appears that the virtual world is beginning to more and more resemble the
cruel realities of the physical world.

While we are taking these steps to protect the interests of the ETNI
community, we will still strive to further the sense of community and
collaboration among ETNI members. We hope that virtual threats such as
spamming, viruses and the such will not prevent people from feeling a part
of this community. We feel that the "Who's Who" section of ETNI is a very
important contribution to the site and the ETNI community as a whole - and
hope that you will all still feel that you can post your entry there. We
will also change the Who's Who entry form so that all fields are optional
and you can decide to enter only that information that you feel comfortable
with.

That's all for now. And remember - be careful out there.

P.S. - If you decide that you want your email address to appear on the site
in any case, please send us a message telling us this and we will put it
back up.

The ETNI Team