[etni] Re: translation bagrut

  • From: Lev Abramov <lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 11:01:53 +0300

--
-----------------------
Lev Abramov
Course designer
The Schiffman Institute Ltd.
Taking into account the importance of the subject, The Schiffman
Institute is offering virtual office space (on a very user-friendly
platform with lots of capabilities), a short training course in
e-learning and the use of our virtual learning environment, and ongoing
support during the school year to qualified teachers willing to teach
translation in online mode. All that - free of charge, as a contribution
to the deteriorating public education, in an attempt to considerably cut
the tuition cost for pupils willing to participate, while making it
worthwhile for the participating teachers. Kids from well-off families
would probably afford a few hundred shekels to go on; talented kids from
poor families could participate it the costs were much lower. Teaching
online can make it possible. Let us try to make it happen - together.

1. Any takers among teachers?
2. Any chance for support from the inspectorate? (Not money. Just
support - spreading the word, providing the guidelines, etc.)

Best -

Lev <lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The Schiffman Institute