[etni] simple art hisory site

  • From: "Jack Pillemer" <jackpil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:50:31 +0200

I'm sure there must be someone out there who can help me. I've been surfing and
come up with little. Here's the thing:

I'm trying to create a project for yud aleph/bet pupils in which they choose a
piece of art and then do research on the artist and the art movements which
influenced that particular piece.
The artists are likely to be from this list:
Vincent Van Gogh    Pablo Picasso   Claude Monet   Salvador Dali   Franz Marc
Paul Gauguin   Edward Munch   Leonardo de Vinci    Michelangelo   Henri Matisse
   Keith Haring

I would like to find a site or two which students could access, read and
undestand for this research.

 It would need to be a site which is youth/learning orientated - not too
complex in terms of ideas and not too difficult in terms of language. I imagine
a student choosing a Dali picture and then finding information about
Surrealism, Monet and impressionism etc.

If someone knows of such a site, please point me to it.

Shana tova

Jack Pillemer