[etni] research about the impact of making aliya

  • From: "R.B." <rachcb1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:32:15 +0200

Hi. I've been asked to help a neighbor who's researching the problems Olim
have when they move to Israel, primarily how it affects parenting and the
family unit as a whole. He is not looking for the trials and tribulations of
dealing with beauracracy. Examples I have already given him: The price we
pay not seeing family abroad, especially on holidays and family events, the
shift in balance of power when the child's LI is Hebrew leaving parents to
turn to their kids to translate, the fact that Hebrew has no capital letters
to help distinguish names of people, places/months, the relationship with
grandparents/cousins etc.. I gave him many more but he's looking for  more
ideas, and also, suggestions from Olim, new and long-timers, on how they've
managed to deal with these situations.
Please send me your input and I'll pass it on.
Thanks.
Rachelle

** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/