[etni] Re: questions and comments

  • From: "Bari Nirenberg" <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <howdon@xxxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 10:49:20 +0200

I definitely do not want to start a debate on this issue, but I think this
is a bit unfair.  Regardless of whether or not we agree with the NBA and the
modular Bagrut, it's unfair to say that "nobody seems to understand what is
going on" and to imply that the Ministry is at fault.  In fact, several
bulletins containing detailed information about the new Bagrut have been
published and most of the things that were unclear at first have been
addressed.  In addition to having been sent to schools, all of the
information is available for download right from the ETNI site.  If there
are people who still have no idea what's going on, it's probably because
they haven't carefully read the information.  Yes, there are still a few
questions, but they are mainly about smaller issues (some confusion about
dictionaries, for example, though even that information was published).
I've seen all of the questions posted to ETNI and the majority of them are
answered in the bulletins.  I strongly suggest that everyone take some time
to read the NBA handbook (much of which, by the way, is a repeat of what was
already published last year).

Personally, I don't like all of the changes, but that's hardly a good reason
to stay ignorant about what's been changed and about what the new Bagrut is
going to look like.  It's our professional responsibility to read what is
sent to us and to education ourselves about changes, innovations, etc.

Bari