[etni] Re: pupil errors

  • From: "Adele Raemer and Laurie Levy" <raemer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lindadayan7@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:19:02 +0200

Linda wrote:
 Hopefully, as Ora
> suggested, some more constructive use can be made of recurring mistakes.
>
>         Linda

In addition to what I have previously mentioned that I intend to do with
these bloopers (taking them into my class and having the kids fix them, as
part of training them to find their OWN mistakes in compositions, and an
opening to discussion of specific grammar points that come up) I believe it
provides a very good lesson / warning to our kids to beware of using words
that look impressive, but they do not really understand or are not sure how
to use, from electronic dictionaries (NOT only on the bagrut, since I
understand they are being phased out), 2 way dictionaries, or thesauri (is
that the plural of thesaurus?) .

Now how's THAT for a run-on sentence! ;)

Adele