[etni] problems with module F

  • From: "mart" <usher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 20:57:44 +0200

How many of you have actually sat down and done this test?
Or better still, given it to your native speaker classes to try.
I did, and discovered some disturbing things.
There are problems with both some of the questions and some of the answers.
I wonder if it was ever piloted, and if so, could we have a more
comprehensive answer key
which includes what is not acceptable and how many points it costs them
e.g.Q1 good instead of quality music
Unlike the good old cloze which nearly always reflected the true spread of a
class
i.e. strong ones do well, weak ones fail
I am getting  almost the opposite picture.
Martin Usher
Givat Brenner