[etni] netvision of a sudden

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:01:19 -0700

Barry wrote:
FOR 2 MONTHS I COULDNOT GET ETNI MAIL.
ALO V ASUDDEN IT HAS COME BACK.
WHAT, A NEW UNDERSTANDING WITH NETVISION?

No, the water hasn't parted - not yet, at least. Netvision will continue
to be problematic. That is the luxury of being big. You can be as
problematic as you want to and get away with it.

That said - we have been doing our best to get ETNI mail to Netvision
subscribers. There are two major problems here:

1) Netvision mail filters apparently filter out over 50% of ETNI mail.
It doesn't appear that there is anything that we can do on our side to
help out here.

2) ETNI mail frequently bounces from Netvision accounts, the result of
which the "automatic freelists error monitor" sets these accounts to
"vacation mode" - thus stopping all mail to said accounts.
Here, we have been able to help somewhat. When informed by a Netvisioner
that s/he is not receiving any ETNI mail, we have gone in and turned
vacation mode off, and set the "protection" tab in order to prevent
this from happening again.

BTW - If you want to check whether you are receiving "all" ETNI mail,
you can compare what is coming into your mailbox to what appears on the
web ETNI mail archive. The archive for April is at -

www.freelists.org/archives/etni/04-2005/

Hope this sheds some light on the matter.

The ETNI Team