[etni] Re: moed aleph grades - hhhhhhhhhhhh

  • From: Bari Nirenberg <bnirenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sandyregev@xxxxxxxxx" <sandyregev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 09:53:04 +0300

Taking off any official hats I wear for a moment and speaking as a Bagrut
marker...
I (we) have worked non-stop since May 15th (yes, my work starts on the day
of the Bagrut when I see the exam) to mark thousands of exams. Exams go
through two and sometimes three markings to make sure that examinees
receive fair grades. We do 48 hours of work a week -- that's 288 G exams or
168 F exams (we mark some of each in every mana). This is in addition to
our regular teaching jobs. Most of us work seven days a week, day and
night. I'm not looking for pity -- we are paid well to mark -- my point is
that we can't possibly get the work done any faster. We finished marking
yesterday -- I left the Marvad at seven o'clock yesterday evening (and
there was still one senior examiner working). The grades still need to be
processed and then they will be sent out (this has nothing to do with
markers, of course).

I, too, would like my students to have their grades before they need to
register for moed bet, but it's simply impossible and it has nothing to do
with bureaucracy or anything else but manpower and time.

Bari