[etni] moed B??

  • From: Iris Elish <granny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:52:05 +0200

Shalom

At one of our English meetings a teacher asked if a pupil could take moed B
without having taken moed A. My immediate answer was no as I had previously
read the letter attached below.

Hello, Patricia,
The answer to this question has been given a number of times and it is still
negative. The meaning of the term "Moed bet" is that a student RETAKES and
exam that he/she has already taken. For instance, if the students sits for
module F in May he/she can retake the exam in Moed B, in july if the May
results are not satisfactory. That is also true if a student sat for module
E in the winter (January 11) and wants to retake the exam in may.  However,
if a student does not sit for a specific module in May the July Moed is not
considered "Moed A". Thus, only students who have already taken a certain
exam/module can retake it in Moed B.
Shoshana Ben-Yaakov

However, another teacher said I was mistaken. I wrote to Judy and am
attaching her answer.

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:19 PM
Subject: moed bet
Dear Iris,
My answers are below:
Shalom Judy,

Can a pupil do moed bet without having done moed aleph?  Yes.
Can it be his\her choice?
According to the Ministry, yes.
All the best,
Judy

Iris Elish.
So the bottom line is a pupil can choose when to take the exam.
Purim Shamech
Iris Elish.