[etni] Re: inspectors etc

  • From: Judie Segal <eyeorestail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:12:50 +0300

Dear All (whether you are a student teacher, new teacher, experienced
teacher, counselor, inspector or even just an interested party),
The English Inspectorate has begun what is called Strengthening Partnerships
this year.  They are forums which connect teachers, teacher trainers,
inspectors, counselors and other language departments in the country.  These
forums were opened in order to allow different populations with similar
goals (language teaching) to be able to openly communicate and share ideas,
curriculums and even their own personal reservations.

They were opened in response to the feelings that teachers had in the field
(not just on ETNI) that they were not being heard.  Although the
Inspectorate is very sensitive to feedback from the field, you must remember
that ETNI is not a Ministry forum.  Those of you who have written Judy
Steiner or your inspectors personally know that they listen, answer, support
and try to help. However ETNI is not the forum where official answers are
given or even always heard (as Avi Tsur has said numerous times).

I invite you to register for the Inspectorate site (if you have not already
done so, it is at the bottom of the opening "What's New?" page of the site)
so that you will receive updates of what is going on and see lots of helpful
material on the site.  This is the Inspectorate's means of communication
with all of you.  It is all there on the site, just waiting for you to come
in and see.

I also personally invite you all to join the Teacher-Inspector Partnership
forum.  We already have 76 participants within the first week of it being
opened and more are joining everyday.  That is very exciting!  There has
also been a question posted and an answer from Judy received that you can go
in and read.

Please join us in opening up lines of communication instead of closing
them.  There is no reason to fear for your right to free speech, especially
not from the English professional community on any level.

I await receiving your registration forms and the beginning of a new open
line of communication.

Best,
Judie Segal
National Coordinator for Strengthening Partnerships
judiesegalp@xxxxxxxxx