[etni] help for 5 pts tutor

  • From: Cecile Hadassah Nadav <hadassahn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:33:19 +0200

This was posted on the NefeshbNefesh group. I don't teach 5 pts but maybe
someone who does can help. Reply to shmemb@xxxxxxxxx
Hadassah Nadav
Hi,

I have been asked to help a girl prepare for the English bagrut 5
yechidot.  It's a long story, but a BIG chesed.  Her english is great and
she is super-smart, but she is not part of a traditional learning
environment.

My problem is that I am new to the country (here a year and a half), and I
don't know what is expected of her.  I have been referred to several people
for help, but everyone keeps telling me that it is complicated, and depends
all kinds of things.  No one can give me a list of what she needs to
know/prepare for.

She needs to do F and G (already passed E).  I have gleaned so far that
there will be unseens (which I think she will already do great on),
compositions, a project and an oral exam.

How can I find out what project she has to do?  Can she start working on it
now?

(I saw somewhere that part of the grade is based on group work.  Does she
need a group?  She doesn't have one!!!)

Regarding the compositions (and ANYTHING ELSE), is there information that I
should have and pass on to her?   I saw on some old websites that it looked
like certain pieces of literature were handed out in advance.  Do they
still do this?  How do I find it?

Thanks,

Emily