[etni] guestbooks with a mind of their own

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:11:29 -0700

Hi all,

One of the many strange phenomena on the ETNI site is the ETNI
guestbook.
Every so often, it decides to reinvent itself.
Usually without warning. Simply lets it be known that it wants to start
over. We have tried to find a pattern to its erratic behaviour, but our
only conclusion is that it thinks it is human. Something like Hal in the
2001 Space Odyssey (now that is going back).

Anyhow - the good news is that you once again have a chance to leave a
comment - however positive, negative, etc. in our new ETNI guestbook
(if you can find the link to the guestbook on the main ETNI page).

We always look forward to reading people's feedback. And we have learned
to roll with the punches over the years, so feel free to write whatever
you want.

btw - fyi - in the new guestbook, we have neutralized the ability to put
html code into the guestbook entry, or add a homepage URL. This is
because spammers have begun to use these options on guestbook pages as
a way of linking people to their wares.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

The ETNI Team