[etni] gmulim war

  • From: "Linda kuras Mizrahi" <lindaskm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:08:23 +0200

      I am very disturbed by what seems to be a war among teachers. I feel a
sense of sarcasm in the letters, while everyone is trying to show why and how
they work harder than the others, etc.
      I have taught all levels, albeit mostly 5 pointers and native speakers. I
spend lots of time preparing for all classes. Preparation doesn't bother me; In
fact, I quite enjoy that part. However, marking is what drives me crazy and I
can honestly say that marking 5 point tests is much harder and more time
consuming than marking 4 points and certainly 3 points. On the other hand, the
motivation level in the 3 and 4 point classes is lower than in the five. One
exerts more energy not only trying to motivate them, but in explaining and
helping.  So, each group has its plusses and minuses.
     We are a highly motivated, immensely caring, high level group who all work
extremely hard, are overworked and underpaid and things are not going to get
easier.     Therefore, we need each other for moral support and concrete
help... things which fellow ETNIERS have given and gotten. Let's not lose sight
of that and start turning on each other!
There, I've gotten this off my chest!
...And  with that, shavua tov!
Linda