[etni] fw: JPost

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:37:21 -0700

From: Renee Wahl <wahl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: JPost

Hi,
Jodi Schenk recently posted a letter she sent to the JPost in response
their article praising the Dovrat Commission report - an excellent
letter
which was not published and received no response.

I suggest we use our clout as English teachers to get the Post to print
serious presentation of our side of the story.  In the first place, I am

collecting the ideas that are presented here on the ETNI list and would
be
willing to edit them to make them concise enough for a newspaper
article.  Secondly, I'd like to ask how many of you have subscribed your

students to one of the JPost's publications for students?  How many of
you
subscribe to the Post itself, or purchase the Friday edition? How many
of
you have placed an ad in the past?
I think that if we have a list of names and 'suggest' to the Post that
as
supporters of their paper, we expect a fair hearing and a couple of
columns
of space,  they might be inclined to comply.

So, if you think this is a good idea, please send me your name and the
nature of your connection to the Post (class subscription, subscriber,
placed an ad, purchase Friday, etc.) and I'll get started on this
project.

Renee