[etni] "extra time" and the modules?

  • From: sarag <sarag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:42:49 +0200

Maybe someone who has pupils that are doing 3 modules this year - or maybe
Judy - can answer this:
LD kids with "extra time" finish the test 19" or 20" after everyone else.
The next module starts 30" after the end of the previous one. Do the LD kids
get a 30" recess (that is - start the second test 20" after everyone else) -
or do they only get 10" recess?

I have been trying to get an answer from the testing dept. about this - but
they haven't answered.
The "kav l'pniyot hatzibur" at the MOE told me that they WILL get 30"
between each test. Is that what the schools know? How does this work out
with the listening comp? A kid taking E will start his test at 16:35, and
the listening is at 16:40.

(As usual, the math bagrut has this problem - but much worse, because the
different modules are of different lengths - from an hour and a quarter  to
an hour and three quarters. )

And if any LD kids does do all 3 English modules in one day -  he will start
the tests at 14:30 and finish at 20:15!!!!
Does anyone who is in charge of anything at the MOE really think they can do
it????

  sara g

sara g in israel
sarag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx