[etni] Re: etni Digest V8 #135

  • From: Lev Abramov <lev.abramov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sommerbtch@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:06:22 +0300

I guess you are right - this was out of place. Please scrape it off the
slate. :)
No, seriously - my apologies. Like i said, everyone is doing their work, and
doing it well.

It's a pity no-one is willing to do the dirty work of fighting for the
teachers' rights. Probably it is so unprofessional. It does not require a
PhD. All it takes is some guts - not being afraid of making enemies.

And don't tell me there is a way of achieving anything without fighting -
and a way of fighting without makng enemies. After all, it's not with
friends that you need to fight.

Lev

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 9:31 AM, sommer ben <sommerbtch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do not like the tone of Lev's cavalier remark about "Penny and co." (with
> regard to ETAI.)  I find it  improper, insulting and totally out of place.
>
> Furthermore, (  to use a much taught connector...), both
>  Penny's excellent, perceptive and forthright academic gifts and the
> long-term continual volunteering of her time merit nothing but heartfelt
> appreciation from the community of English teachers.
>
> Ben Sommer

> ** The ETNI Rag **
> http://www.etni.org/etnirag/
> Much more than just a journal