[etni] Re: etni Digest V5 #131

  • From: Jacobs <gunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 22:07:58 +0300

I received this from a friend in England and thought it would be good to
share with the Etni teachers. If you have any questions please write to him
(Lewis) using the following e-address.
lewisherlitz@xxxxxxxxxxx

" You may or may not be aware of a sixdaywar website that has been
established through Fair Reporting of Southend to commemorate and educate
about the 1967  6 day war:
www.sixdaywar.co.uk
Its all been done at the speed of light and on a voluntary basis.
A few of us have this week also launched a writing competition for young
people about the six day war which is being supported by the Zionist
Federation and the Israeli Embassy. The competition can be found at:
 www.zionism.me.uk
We are endeavouring to spread the word about the competition via jewish
organisations in the UK and are also trying to encourage jewish communities
overseas to participate.
Please look at the websites. If you are ok about this, I would be very
grateful if you could spread the word about this to any contacts you have.
I don't know what Israeli schools are doing about this but we have chosen
'questions' which we feel would work anywhere [yeh I know...]
You will see that the competition is not about glorifying war or victories,
but is reflective about war and its impact.
If this resonates comfortably with you it would be really wonderful if you
could forward this with a personal message to individuals you know."

I felt it worthy of passing on to you all!
Ros

** Etni homepage - www.etni.org **