[etni] Re: comment option on the ETNI poll

  • From: "David Lloyd" <david@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 12:44:12 +0300

Hi all,

Sara wrote:
> what happened to the "comment" option in the polls?

A short while back, the company - whose poll engine I use for the ETNI
polls - suddenly changed their poll software, and this made a mess out of
the present and past ETNI polls. We lost the voting breakdown into groups,
and the links to comments for each poll.  In addition, the whole graphic
interface for all of the past polls had become a mess.

I had to learn the new poll software infrastructure and slowly adapt all of
the old polls to this new interface so that they were legible (I have done
this with most of the polls).

As this was the second time that such a thing has happened with the group
voting breakdown, I decided to give up on that option.

I have yet to discover how to add a "comments" option for the new software.
Since this option was never used to any great extent in the poll voting, I
decided to give up on it also, and just have the basic voting results.

You are all welcome to send your comments about a specific poll to the ETNI
list.

David