[etni] Re: books

  • From: Yisrael & Batya Medad <ybmedad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: barryhaber@xxxxxxxxxxx, etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 05:54:08 +0200

        rephrase that question: "What should we do when the pupils can't
    afford the
        books and don't bring them in for the first few months?"
    Teachers will have
        to do a lot of preparation before the class and write everything
    out on the
        chalkboard before the pupils arrive. Very sad but it might be
    the case, bu

That's a major problem.  Especially since many of us high school teachers are
using new books, so used isn't an option.  Taking for granted that kids can
afford the books is worse than taking for granted that they have computers at
home, since they can't use someone else's and many schools balk at heavy
photocopying.  We must take price of books into account when choosing.

Good luck,

Batya