[etni] Re: bloopers in newspapers

  • From: "English With Linda" <englishwithlinda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 09:27:10 +0300

I remember a wonderful re-translation in the JP TV Guide....The movie was:
The Importance of Being Serious.

(Earnest!)

Which reminds me of a joke, which I shall tell you now:

Shakespeare is talking to a friend and says: "I wrote a great play, but I
think the title is too long."
Friend: "What's the title?"
WS: "Julius Run and Grab Her Quick Before She Gets Away."
F: " Why don't you just call it "Julius Seize Her?"

Have a good day, all.

Linda