[etni] Re: a grammar question

  • From: "Paz Maryanka" <pmaryanka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Leo.Selivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 23:41:58 +0200

In the example of: e.g. "I told you so!" rather than "I've told you so!",
there is a difference. The first refers to "I told you so" (then) - no
reference to the present. The second "I've told you so" connects us to the
present and the unspoken extension would be something like ""and therefore I
am right" or "and here is the evidence" both of which deal with the present
situation.

Paz
From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 14:00:40 +0200