[etni] Youth Exchange Program

  • From: Amanda Caplan <amandacaplan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: English teachers Network of Israel <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:31:18 +0200

Dear All,
I was asked to post this information. The organisation helps send young
people abroad provided they speak reasonable English. Perhaps you have high
school students who would be interested.
Please do not contact me as I will just send you to the site!
Amanda

For many young people, participating in the *Lions International Camp and
Youth Exchange Program* is a life-changing experience. Traveling to another
country, living with a host family, participating in a camp and experiencing
another culture are milestone events.

Unlike other exchange programs, the *Lions International Youth Camp and
Exchange Program* is not conducted for tourism, education or employment.
Instead, it is a unique cultural learning opportunity.

*The Camps* are one or two weeks long and bring together young people (ages
16-22) from around the world. Camps usually include a family stay that lasts
between one and four weeks. More than 100 Lions camps are held each year
in about 39 countries. Activities include visits to places of cultural or
natural interest, sports and country presentations by the camp participants.
Traditionally, the Camps are held in August every year. Israeli participants
should be careful by choosing their favorite camps abroad, and consider
bagrut and / or enlistment schedules.

Lions is an international network of 1.3 million men and women in 202
countries and geographic areas who work together to answer the needs that
challenge communities around the world (www.lionsclubs.org )
31 Lions Clubs are active in Israel (see www.lions.org.il ), one of them in
Ness Ziona.

Further information on the Lions International Camp and Youth Exchange
Program can be obtained from Lions International's website (
http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/content/youth_yce_intro.shtml ), or by
contacting Ness Ziona Lions Club.

Ness Ziona Lions Club
email: feli@xxxxxxxxxxx